Friday 12 July 2013

13 July 2013 The New Paper

You are here

She can now see brightly coloured flowers after two eye operations

July 12, 2013 - 11:02pm

By: 

TNP PHOTO: CHOO CHWEE HUA
Adelyn Koh used to be able to only see shadows and patches of colour.
Now, after two eye operations, the 12-year-old student can discern shapes and people from up to 6m away.
The sight which most excites her is the garden beside her five-room flat at Punggol.
“I can see the brightly coloured flowers on the plants, and their branches and leaves,” said Adelyn, who was born with a rare congenital eye disease.
She made the news last year when she and her mother came up with the idea of selling CDs of her piano compositions to raise about $80,000 for eye operations, and they managed to do so in six weeks.
Read the full report in The New Paper on Saturday (July 13).

1 comment:

  1. I’m having a fortnight meeting in USA so my stress reliever is reading some blogs, but it’s quite difficult for me to spend or waste my time in simple blogs or non sense writings then somehow I read your works It’s so confusing because I love your enthusiasm on this subject so I comment on to admire your style. It happens that I’m curious about blind singapore, I think you should try to check it out!

    ReplyDelete